‘legal marketing’ refers to the strategies undertaken by the lawyers to increase their popularity. They undertake some strategies to create more clients. The lawyers usually increase their client database through referrals. Now-a-days the clients are undertaking the following strategies to develop their business.
1. Socializing online: They increase their contacts online by creating an account for some socializing networks. Today many sites are designed for discussing, sharing and presenting your professional and personal information online and to connect to the other professionals of your field. They can actively participate in the forums or other section to discuss about their profession.
2. Posting valuable information: They must continuously post useful information about their profession on their website. They should also update information continuously periodically, so that the visitors can get comprehensive information about their profession. They should preferably share information about their profession through video and audio presentations.
3. Meeting clients face to face: Many lawyer meet their clients through networking or through modes like video conferencing. But they should not forget that they should meet their clients personally by inviting them for dinner or lunch.
4. Client’s testimonials: On the site, they should also separately present the client’s testimonials so that the visitors can easily get captured to their site. The client’s testimonial represents the success stories of the lawyers and profile of the lawyers. The visitors can also get an idea about the specialized areas of the lawyers. In this way, they can add referrals to the site.
5. Picture presentations: They should also present the pictures of the important conferences, meetings, or important events attended by them so that the visitor can know about the success and achievements of the professional.
6. Annual report of the firm: If he presents his report for the annual year about his firm, then he can reveal many positive aspects about his firm such as the financial position, liquidity, goodwill of the firm etc.
The Legal Marketing association is a non-profit making institution that was established in 1985. The main objectives of this institution are to maintain the ethical standards and practices of legal marketing. The professionals should follow practices and regulations to gain competitive edge for their firm. They also provide education and information to the legal professionals who are the members of this association concerning the strategies to be undertaken to develop their business or firm. They also update timely information to the members concerning the changes in legal trends. They provide information to the members in various aspects such as business development, communication, marketing, and more about legal profession.
The term ‘legal marketing’ is more broader than the term ‘ lawyer marketing’ because the term ‘legal’ includes many types of professionals who serve for legal purpose such as attorneys, lawyers, judges, and many others who are directly or indirectly related to legal profession. Any person or an individual who is serving as a legal professional should follow certain strategies or tips for the development of their business.